What is a power flush?
A power flush in when you add a chemical into the system to break up and loosen the rust and sludge in the heating system. Once the chemical is added, a power flush device is connected to the heating system, which will flush a powerful blend of chemicals through the pipework. While the chemical is in the system, we concentrate on one radiator at a time using a vibraclean to agitate the dirt and sludge. Once any sludge and other contaminants have been removed, we will force clean water through the pipes to remove all the contaminated water from the system.
How do you know if you need a power flush?
As time goes on, sludge and debris can build in our heating system, causing pipes and radiators to disintegrate. Therefore, radiators and pipes can become clogged, which can then slow the process of heat, reaching significant parts of the heating system. In most cases, when sludge and debris occur, your heating system does not function properly and can cause substantial damage to the pipes, valves, pumps, and even heat exchanges.
Some signs could help you determine whether your system needs a power flush.
- Small leaks in the radiators
- Noisy radiators and boiler
- Boiler regularly shuts down and needs to be restarted
- The radiator is cold, but the pipes are warm
- Cold areas on the radiators, particularly at the bottom
- Noise from the boiler
- The radiators require constant bleeding
- Discoloured water when radiators are bled
What are the benefits of a power flush?
There are many benefits of getting a power flush. These include:
- Improved energy-efficiency which will result in lower energy bills.
- Higher quality of heating and hot water temperatures.
- Enhanced system reliability.
- Radiators will warm up faster and will get hotter.
- Reduced noise from radiators and boiler.
- Increase the lifespan of the boiler.
How much does a power flush cost?
Prices for a central heating power flush may vary depending on the size of your house and the number of radiators you have. A power flush can cost anything between £350 – £750. This may seem like a costly expense. Though there are possible savings to be made due to enhanced system performance, and this process could help to prevent an expensive failure in the future.
Contact us today on 01865703303 to schedule an appointment and get your boiler ready to keep you warm this winter.